Maple Leaf Foods London
1577 Wilton Grove Rd,
Operations in our state-of-the-art poultry processing plant will start gradually in late 2022 and will continue to ramp-up over the next year.
A new plant in London, Ontario
We’re eager to be an integral, contributing member of the London community!
Our plant is a next generation poultry plant that puts people first in a modern, safe, inviting and inclusive atmosphere where they can excel in responsibly producing safe, delicious poultry to nourish Canadians.
Hiring plan and timeline
We’re currently ramping up our recruitment. Our goal is to hire 600 team members by the end of 2022 in areas that include production, engineers, trade, shipping/receiving, and more.
Excellent wages and benefits
- Competitive wages
- Consistent weekly hours
- Training premiums (additional payments when time spent training others)
- Production, retention and referral bonuses
- Benefits include dental plans, STD and LTD, major medical and life insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee and family assistance programs, employee resource groups (ERGs)
- Recognized mental health program
- Opportunities for internal growth; training provided
- Free Wifi
- Careers can be built here!
London Poultry is set to open later this year, and it’s one of the largest and most advanced poultry processing plants in Canada. Check out a sneak peek in the video—we’d love for you to join our team!
- Construction started in the spring of 2019
- 1,600 employees when fully operational
- Operations started in late 2022 and will continue to ramp-up over the next year
- One of the largest and most advanced food plants in Canada with a wide array of cutting-edge technology to enhance people and food safety, animal care and environmental sustainability
- Designed with our people and their health, safety and comfort in mind
- Convenient plant site near major highways
- 24/7 security for safety and control
- Multiple plant entrances for easier access to workspaces without walking the entire plant
- Ample, secure parking
- Separate car and truck entrances
London is the future home of fresh poultry processing
We’re building a world-class, state-of-the-art, value-added poultry plant in London, Ontario. The $722 million CAD, 660,000 square foot facility will be completed in late 2022.
The plant will incorporate leading edge food safety and animal care technologies to advance our vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth.
London poultry plant meeting today’s demand
Chicken is the most consumed and fastest growing protein in Canada. It offers versatility, nutrition, and a lower environmental footprint. Consumer demand for premium value-added poultry products is growing. Our consumers want chicken from birds raised without antibiotics. Many Canadians seek Halal chicken.
The new poultry plant in London will help us expand our product mix and capacity to meet this growing demand.