We value our communities and work collaboratively with organizations to reduce food insecurity in Canada. We value a culture and work environment that keeps our people safe and empowers them to contribute their best.
People are food secure when they have access to affordable, nutritious and culturally appropriate food. Food insecurity ranges from worrying about running out of food, to compromising on or reducing food purchases, to going hungry and missing meals because of lack of food and money for food.
Maple Leaf Foods has a long-term commitment to advancing sustainable food security through the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security (the Centre), a registered charity governed by a Board of Directors.
We launched the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security in 2016 with a goal to work collaboratively with organizations to reduce food insecurity in Canada by raising awareness, advocating for public policy and sharing learnings.
We value a diverse and inclusive work culture and a work environment that keeps people safe on the job, empowers everyone to learn and rewards excellence. Our commitment to a safe work environment focuses on progress in all of these areas:
- Actively building a workforce as diverse as the countries we are proud to serve
- Removing barriers to enable top performance and support talented people using their energy to do great work
- Expanding our efforts to encourage Behavioural-Based Safety programs and approaches across our operations
The Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security has three areas of focus: advocacy, innovation and learning. It aims to support, engage and advocate for important policies that advance sustainable food security.
Our goals are to:
- Make a meaningful social impact through advancing sustainable food security locally and globally
- Deeply engage our people by providing volunteering and giving opportunities
- Establish community involvement as an integral part of our culture, identity and business