Launches new brand purpose, logo and marketing communications to Inspire Canadian traditions, big and small
TORONTO, March 9, 2016 /CNW/ – Today, Schneiders unveiled a new look, feel and consumer purpose to build on its brand affinity with modern-day families while staying true to the brand’s heritage.
“Schneiders has part of making Canadian family traditions, big and small, memorable for more than 125 years,” said Adam Grogan, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Innovation. “Our investment in this iconic brand reinforces its relevance to modern-day families and the integral role it plays in inspiring Canadians to keep their traditions alive – and start new ones that will last for generations.”
The brand’s new marketing communications elements include:
- A refreshed logo and packaging to reflect Schneiders’ commitment to quality and focus on modern craftsmanship
- A new tagline, “A Tradition of Quality”, that links Schneiders’ food quality to the role the brand continues to play in bringing families and friends together.
- TV spots that celebrate unique Canadian traditions and the role that Schneiders meats play within them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZ0hvQfyJ0
- A sponsorship agreement with the Toronto Blue Jays™ and Outfielder Kevin Pillar, which positions the brand with an iconic summer pastime alongside Canada’s top baseball organization and one if its heroes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKfG1qgz__s
- Investment in significant culinary, digital and social content and channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Appehtite.ca, and email marketing
- Scale in-store promotions thorough Schneiders’ Dig In shopper marketing platform
“We engaged consumers in focus groups across the country and updated the brand thoughtfully based on what they wanted,” added Grogan. “We know Schneiders is now exactly where it needs to be in the hearts and minds of Canadians.”
The brand re-launch began with Schneiders’ new TV spot and digital content, followed by packaging updates and continued communication throughout 2016 and beyond.
Schneiders has been a part of Canadian traditions for more than 125 years. It is the largest packaged meats brand in Canada, offering great tasting and high quality meats, meals and lunch kits. Its signature brands include Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals®, Schneiders Blue Ribbon®, Schneiders Deli Best®, Schneiders Lunchmate®, Schneiders Oh Naturel!™ and Schneiders Olde Fashioned®.
SOURCE Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
Media Contact: Dave Bauer, Director, Public Affairs, (905) 285-1510