TORONTO, Apr 8, 2008 (Canada NewsWire via COMTEX News Network) — Dr. Karyn Gordon, renowned parent/teen coach, speaker and author and leading Canadian authority on understanding and communicating with youth, is on a multi-city speaking tour in Ontario during April and May, made possible by sponsorship from Maple Leaf Foods in conjunction with Loblaws Stores.
Dr. Karyn will speak in each city at both a school and a local Loblaws or affiliated store. The school sessions will alternate between two interactive workshops to help children in grades 4 to 12: Spill Your Guts (three strategies to build self esteem) or Friendships Unplugged (three practical ways to build healthy friendships). At the Loblaws engagements, Dr. Karyn Motivating Your Pre-teen/Teen seminar (seven practical strategies to motivate your pre-teen/teen).
“One of the most common questions I get asked is how can I motivate my teen?” notes Dr. Karyn Gordon. “My five tips to motivate your teen are: ignite the love of learning; focus on effort not end result; get to know your child’s learning style; affirm effort; partner, don’t micromanage. “The Loblaws and affiliated store seminars are open to the public for a donation of $5 to the President’s Choice Children’s Charity. Phone numbers are listed below for registration.
Dr. Karyn’s tour schedule and registration phone numbers:
- Oshawa, ON, April 8, 2008, 6:30 p.m., Loblaws, 481 Gibb St.,
- Georgetown, ON, April 9, 2008, 7:00 p.m., Real Canadian Superstore,
- Ajax, ON, April 16, 2008, 7:00 p.m., Real Canadian Superstore,
- London, ON, April 21, 2008, 6:30 p.m., Real Canadian Superstore,
- Grimsby, ON, April 22, 2008, 7:00 p.m., Real Canadian Superstore,
- Nepean, ON, April 24, 2008, 6:30 p.m., Loblaws, 613-823-8302
- Mississauga, ON, April 29, 2008, 7:00 p.m., Loblaws, 905-568-4832
- Whitby, ON, May 6, 2008, 7:00 p.m., Real Canadian Superstore,
- Richmond Hill, ON, May 8, 2008, 7:00 p.m., Loblaws, 905-771-9295
- Mississauga, ON, May 13, 2008, 6:30 p.m., Loblaws, 905-275-3282
- Newmarket, ON, May 14, 2008, 7:00 p.m., Real Canadian Superstore,
- Oakville, ON, May 20, 2008, 7:00 p.m., Real Canadian Superstore,
- Kitchener, ON, May 22, 2008, 6:30 p.m., Real Canadian Superstore,
Dr. Karyn, a motivational speaker, author, TV/radio host and magazine contributor, has spoken to more than 200,000 teens, parents, counsellors and marketers across North America. Her gift is communicating creatively so psychology ‘makes sense’ to both teens and parents. She has a doctorate in Marriage and Family Therapy, and while not on the road operates a coaching and wellness studio with her husband, a chiropractor, in the Beaches area of downtown Toronto. This is the fifth year that Maple Leaf Foods has sponsored her speaking tour. Dr. Karyn’s book, The Teen Years, will be published this month by Harper Collins Canada Ltd. For more information, please go to www.drkaryn.com.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading Canadian food processing company. Headquartered in Toronto, the Company employs approximately 23,000 people at its operations across Canada and in the United States, United Kingdom and Asia. The Company had sales of $5.2 billion in 2007. For more information, please visit www.mapleleaf.com.
News Media Downloads:
For news download of MP3 clips of Dr. Karyn (Spill Your Guts), please go to:
For news download of a matte article on Dr. Karyn’s tour and tips, please go to:
SOURCE: Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
and interviews, please contact: Mark LaVigne, APR, President, Hunter LaVigne
Communications Inc., (905) 841-2017 (office), (416) 884-2018 (cell),